Website update script broke

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 4 06:50:58 PDT 2004

Hey guys,

Something unpleasant happened and the website update script got killed
off in the midst of running its update and everything in
/home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org went missing including all the
files from view/ download/ and such directories.

I have re-run the scripts to render the LFS and BLFS books and I'll pull
the missing misc. files from mirrors as best as I can but I'm afraid I
have to run out and I won't be home until late this evening.

Jeremy, if you happen to get this could you check things over and maybe
fill in the missing files from your/a mirror?

Note to the website team: this isn't the first time something like this
is happening. Maybe it's time we take a real close look at the scripts
we're using and find a way to guard against this. Even if it means
before the script does anything it makes a simple full backup of the
entire /home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org directory and keep a few
days worth of backups around

--
Gerard Beekmans