Partial restoration of website

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sun Nov 14 23:53:26 PST 2004

On Sun, November 14, 2004 11:08 pm, Jeroen Coumans said:
> Jeremy Utley (-J-), LFS Staff said the following on 14-11-2004 12:49:
>>
>> So, someone who understands the scripts better than I do needs to get
>> the
>> website back into operational condition.  Then, we need to find out WHY
>> the website gets deleted every time one of these scripts malfunctions,
>> and
>> resolve that.  I'd rather see the site not be generated at all, rather
>> than this happen!
>
> Before the script rm -rf the website, it creates a backup tar in
> /var/tmp. That would save you (and everyone else) the trouble of
> recreating everything from scratch next time! :-)

Good to know if this occurs in the future, but I didn't know about it last
night, and my first, primary concern, was to do whatever I could to bring
the website back into a semi-useable state.

I'm also going to experiment with a script that will once per day tar up
the website directory, and scp it off to my personal server - want to see
how effective that is, and how much of a performance hit it takes on the
server.

-J-