Putting new update-website script online ASAP

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 14 09:36:43 PST 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 12:05, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > Currently the new update-website.mk script (which only touchs
> > test.linuxfromscratch.org for now) is working well. The "pemission
> > denied" errors you saw were because you are not in lfswww group. I will
> > change the test website tree to "svnwww" onwership so everyone with
> > commit privileges to the www repos will trigger the update script
> > properly.
>
> So the new script will _never_ remove the existing website tree? I
> haven't looked at it yet, but any method that does so is prone to this
> type of failure.

Exactly. Just like the makefiles do for code trees, this script is a simple
makefile that only updates what needs updating (i.e. what was touched by some
other script). If you take a look at it, it does not have something like "rm
-rf <website_dir>", like we have for the current script. So a complete
cleanup of the website would not be possible with the new script.

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org