Inconsistent mirrors

mail123 at koevis.demon.nl mail123 at koevis.demon.nl
Fri Mar 26 06:23:25 PST 2004

> Because the bandwidth requirements would mean about 20 out of those 20
> servers would be totally incapable of hosting the mirror, not to
> mention
> the cost for them...
>
> 1/4 of the mirrors are on dedicated servers rented with a 'little
> free space' 1/4 of the mirrors are on DSL/cable connections
> 1/4 of the mirrors are on web hosting accounts
> 1/4 of the mirrors (maybe) are on corporate networks (like mine)
>
> Only the latter would be responsive to doing what you suggest, and I
> doubt even I would be willing to host the web site with no mirrors

well , okay , I know , but the website is a bit oversized too. Like , Wiki ,
to be honest , it isnt that good. This mailing list is good , and maybe a
PHPBB could be handy. Also there should be an easy thingy to see what the
LATEST  cvs release/patch is.The LFS book should be zipped (or rarred) , and
not in 9 different formats. What is the main mirror? one that is allways up
to date? I can host the documents , but no PHP.

Xanni