Inconsistent mirrors

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 25 17:37:23 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 15:15, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
Yes this needs to be addressed. I started on it a while ago then I
forgot about the project. I have been working on a simple script that
gets the current timestamp file
(www.linuxfromscratch.org/timestamp/timestamp) then it downloads the
timestamp file from each mirror and compares it to the current copy. The
difference between the contents of the two files are the number of
seconds that the mirror out of date (ie: www.lfs.org has updated, the
mirror hasn't synced yet). We'll have to decide on after how much time a
mirror is deemed out of date. Mirrors are supposed to sync twice an hour
(some older ones may not do this yet) so two hours would be a good time.
It would have given mirrors 3 to 4 chances to sync.

The next step is finding a way to interpret the results of the script
and either automatically comment out a mirror from the list or forward
to the website list and have you guys deal with it manually.

The only thing that needs to be finished is entering the value that
determines whether a mirror is deemed out-of-date.

--
Gerard Beekmans