Inconsistent mirrors

Stuart Harris stuart at althalus.me.uk
Thu Mar 25 15:57:23 PST 2004

I'll partly take the 'shame and blame' on this, I was meant to be doing
work on mirroring and i'm sure Gerard has given up on me as a lost hope..
but it's like everything else, LFS is a hobby for me, work is something
that lets me do my pass time/hobbies .. this isn't really an excuse though

Mirrors SHOULD update twice daily... so here is what I suggest...

As we do not currently *COUGH* have guarantees that all mirrors support
php, and it'd be stupid to do this on every server...

who thinks it'd be a good idea for us to start time stamping actual
mirrors, and having a single stable mirror (i'll even code/host) to run the
'mirr or list' page.. as to be honest, it's going to be low bandwidth :P

it's simple enough to code and i'll put a code preview up in about 1/2 hour
... to see what people think - this would obviously only relate to LFS www
mirrors.. and I do promise that i'll give some priority to FTP mirrors soon
(if Gerard hasn't found someone else)