Inconsistent mirrors

Matthias Benkmann msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Thu Mar 25 14:15:32 PST 2004

The LFS mirroring system sucks. Someone please make sure they are really
MIRRORS. I once encountered a mirror that was way behind on the CVS  book
(don't remember which one that was) and today I got a 403 trying to access

http://www.de.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/more_control_and_pkg_man.txt

I'm sorry but I won't use mirrors anymore if I can't be sure that I get
reliable information. And I visit the LFS websites extremely infrequently.
The chanes of me hitting a problem should be very low. Either I'm just an
unlucky person or there are a lot of those problems.

MSB

p.s.: I'm not subscribed to website, but please don't CC me if you discuss
this. I just wanted to vent my frustration. I'll remove the "de." from my
bookmarks and forget about it.

--
Digitize if possible - Eradicate if necessary!