Subversion -- Part II

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 22 13:29:53 PST 2004

Hi guys,

Over the weekend I've been reading up on the Subversion documentation
and what I have read so far, I really like. Much better than CVS at any
rate.

I won't be able to put SVN into use immediately and put newxml into, I
need newxml to repace CVS HEAD very soon now (preferably today or
tomorrow if at all possible) and it'll take longer to install SVN,
figure it out, setup access privs. Then there is a matter of the scripts
we use now to extract the changelogs that are published on the websites
which need to be changed as well (hence the CC: to the website list,
maybe you guys can start to look into this).

I think I would like to move forward with SVN. So let me ask you guys.
Does anybody *not* agree with a move from CVS to SVN? Arguments such as
having to install and learn a new program won't cut it. You are hereby
notified and have enough time to get familiar with it. I just want to
know if there are any technical reasons why we shouldn't move to SVN.

--
Gerard Beekmans