Wikki evaluations

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 21 15:30:13 PST 2004

Anderson Lizardo said the following on 03/21/04 23:30:

> Unfortunately, last week was a bit busy (just started a new course on a
> new university) so I didn't have time to evaluate the Wikis. Hopefully
> along this week I'll do some evaluations. Get prepared :)

Good luck on university! For me, the end is getting nearer; I hope to
graduate by the end of the year.

> So far, we have these Wikis holding for evaluation:
>
> 1. PhpWiki (http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpwiki/)
> 2. TikiWiki (http://freshmeat.net/projects/tiki/)
> 3. Wakka (http://www.wakkawiki.com/)
> 4. MoinMoin (http://freshmeat.net/projects/moin/) - Just to satisfy my
> curiosity :)
>
> Feel free to add any other desired implementation.

Like I said, Wakka seems unmaintained. I found a couple of forks at
<http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WakkaWiki>, of which <http://wackowiki.com/> and
<http://www.wikini.net/> seem well maintained. The first is Russian and
the second is French though. Another fork,
<http://comawiki.martignier.net>, is German and non-free.

Other oft-used Wiki systems are:
http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Although I don't think we'll need to search that far before we have a
decent, expandable system.

Have fun,

FAQ and Website Maintainer