I think we lost the "glue" for the docs.

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 20 08:46:15 PST 2004

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational said the following on 03/20/04 16:37:

> <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=Organization%20Documents>
>
> I think we need to have this, or something similar. It provides a little
> introductory text, offers a list of the sorts of documents that are
> (will be) available, provides quick navigation to the other docs (may
> not be the same on the website) and generally "holds it all together".

OK, I will add this info.

> I think we need this to be the target of "...organization.html" and what
> is in there now needs to be a manifesto document. Or we could combine
> the two I guess. But I would rather not _if_we_provide_links_ (see
> last two paragraphs).

As far as I understand, the current organization doc describes the whole
LFS project. As such, it may be better to present it in the current
location, with the above introduction added.

> If you agree, I'd ask you to get that added in, as I don't know if we
> could trust my zero-level knowledge to get all the stuff right. It had
> nav links to the other docs, and may not make complete sense unless we
> have nav links added to the other docs too. In the wiki version, we
> could do normal "next", "prev", "up" and "top" types of jumps. I think
> having those would increase the chance that the docs actually get read
> and, therefore, provide some benefit.

While I like your navigation links, I think that we shouldn't add them.
They provide a linear navigation structure which is nowhere else in the
current website, and also crosses different sections. This could (strong
emphasis on could) cause confusion.

FAQ and Website Maintainer