First look at docs on website - I like!

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 15 10:07:58 PST 2004

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational said the following on 03/15/04 18:39:
> Hi Jeroen!
>
> Made it a point to go to website and take a peek! I had no idea what it
> would end up like visually! I think you've done a really nice job!

It's not as great as I would like (eg. there could be more cross-links,
and links to the respective Manifesto in each project's navigation
menu), but I'm glad you like it!

> When I first saw the six bullet items in "Manifesto", fourth paragraph I
> thought "where's the links?". Then when I realized 3 <PGDN> strokes
> covered the whole part, I realized they weren't needed. *chuckle* It
> seemed so much larger when I was working on the raw text!

The small font which MSB complained about also helps ;-)

> Anyway, I noted that in Scope, I had not yet updated to include HLFS. Is
> it still too early, or should I (or you?) gen a one or two liner to add
> in there? It might be best to wait for their webpage?

I'd rather wait until a first Alpha-release of HLFS is out. By the time
a release is due I think we've Wikified the main website (or CMS'ed).

> Another thought I had was that maybe a news item and/or announcement to
> the lists is in order? Long-time users may not notice the addition on
> the main page and I think it might be useful to be sure that folks see
> that *some* substantial progress has been made, after all this time has
> passed.

Another thing the Wiki will solve: a link to RecentChanges will reveal
all new pages & major edits. :-)

Anyways, if you'd like to scribble some notes for an announcement, that
would be great. I already wrote this:
"After some beta's and a rather long incubation period, the LFS
Organization Documents are now finally available." before I realised you
might want to write it yourself since it's your pet project. Perhaps a
small history & the general purpose of these docs? But remember to keep
it *short* (max. 150 words)! ;-)

> Let me know what you think and if I should do anything.
>
> Thanks!

FAQ and Website Maintainer