What about extending the wiki...?

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 13 11:10:02 PST 2004

On Sáb, 13 Mar 2004 18:11:35 +0100, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Other, more featurefull Wiki's allow even more notifications. Perhaps we
> should investigate TikiWiki, since it has all the features of Drupal,
> PHPWiki and anything else we might ever hope to use. Should the
> collaborative editing fail, we can still use it as an advanced CMS. My
> only concern is that it may be *too* featurefull and has a high learning
> curve for admins.

Just looked the Freshmeat description. Indeed it's designed to be a
featureful CMS, but IMHO the learning curve is defined by how friendly
it could be, not how advanced it is.

TikiWiki seems a good place to start. All the other Wiki's I know about
(and they are not many) have different feature levels, but they do not
exceed the traditional Wiki capabilities. TikiWiki can give us the
advantages from both worlds :)

I'll do my usual "see by myself" evaluation of Tikiwiki. First I'll
register an account on a site powered by it and see how friendly it is
for a newcomer. Then I will install it locally to see how difficult it
is to configure from an admin POV.

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org