What about extending the wiki...?

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Sat Mar 13 09:33:05 PST 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Anderson Lizardo said the following on 03/13/04 17:55:
> ><snip>

> Other, more featurefull Wiki's allow even more notifications. Perhaps we
> should investigate TikiWiki, since it has all the features of Drupal,
> PHPWiki and anything else we might ever hope to use. Should the
> collaborative editing fail, we can still use it as an advanced CMS. My
> only concern is that it may be *too* featurefull and has a high learning
> curve for admins.

Would have to be outrageous. Admins are long-term dedicated to the
needed activities. So if the product offers sufficient benefit, it is
just a requirement of the job that the admin steps necessary are
learned. The *cost* of the learning curve (in time, resources, money)
does come into play in determining implementation procedures, schedules,
etc., as time for training/learning and maybe support of that learning
must be addressed. If these are too expensive, then it is a major
factor.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational