What about extending the wiki...?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 13 09:11:35 PST 2004

Anderson Lizardo said the following on 03/13/04 17:55:
> Regarding the monitoring of changes made to a Wiki site: Is it possible
> to mail the changes to this mailing list like CVS currently does? If
> possible, it will be a convenient way to keep track of changes, without
> needing to visit the website periodically.

Probably, see below. In anycase one can (also) use the RSS feed to keep
track of changes to the site or to individual pages:
http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/RssInformation

> Additionally, it would be great if exists a "subscribe to this page"
> feature, enabling individuals to keep track of specific sections by
> e-mail. This way, e.g. the maintainer of the IRC nicks list (James
> Robertson, AFAIK), can monitor changes made specifically to that page.

http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/EmailNotification
Not sure if I understand exactly what is said there.
The search functions for phpwiki are excellent, btw :-)

Other, more featurefull Wiki's allow even more notifications. Perhaps we
should investigate TikiWiki, since it has all the features of Drupal,
PHPWiki and anything else we might ever hope to use. Should the
collaborative editing fail, we can still use it as an advanced CMS. My
only concern is that it may be *too* featurefull and has a high learning
curve for admins.

FAQ and Website Maintainer