LFS Team

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Fri Mar 5 05:38:04 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Bill Maltby wrote:
><snip>

> I'd say however, it's up to Gerard and/or the community to decide.
> Whatever is decided really is irrelevant though,
> I'll still be hanging around hammering on the toolchain like I
> always have ;-)

Respectfully disagree. As all can see from recent activities, the
choice of an editor can have *big* impact on the community. One with
traits that cause little waste of time, for the community and yourself,
would seem important to me. Should know how to: use "search" and do
basic research; should think of broad effects in advance of acting;
should be able to see reasonable compromises vis-a-vis the various
objectives of the project; should be able to create a feeling in people
that makes them want to assist, not back away. There's more, but that's
my current short list.

IMO, an editor can be of big help in your efforts, not *just* the other
way around.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational