test.lfs.org branch

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 27 20:30:32 PDT 2004

On Monday 26 July 2004 11:41, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Would you guys mind taking a look at the test.lfs.org branch and see if
> it's starting to look more like what we want?

Sorry for the late response; I'm still here! :)

It seems this branch is pretty much like we want. I have a few considerations,
though:

- I think the data already versioned by TWiki (i.e. all files with a matching
*,v one) should stay outside the repository. They are dynamic anyway and will
be changed/managed by web. That said, I think the only TWiki files that
should stay on the repository are the templates, bin and lib dirs, css,
scripts, and images (although I think those images take too long to be
exported from SVN...).

- We can simplify the current organization by having the following structure:

bin
css
images
lib
scripts
styleswitcher
templates

Obviously, such structure does not match our current installation, but I'm
confident we can setup Twiki/Apache to work this way (e.g. setting up the
cgi-bin directory to "bin"). Note that this is mainly to simplify things for
us, as the actual URL paths will be simplified by using mod_rewrite or
aliases.

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org