Wanted: FTP mirror administrator

Justin Knierim lfs at jrknierim.de
Fri Jul 23 06:38:30 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Ok, proposed course of action is as follows:
> - Scott sets up the shell acount and provides Tim & Justin access to it

This is already underway.

> - Tim & Justin will transfer the current ftp-packages to that mirror,
> which will become the new FTP master for other FTP mirrors

Will be working on this this weekend, if Tim has not already started on it.

> - new packages should be submitted to Tim & Justin for inclusion

Yes, sounds like a good idea.

> If I'm not mistaken, Roel setup his FTP mirror as
> ftp.linuxfromscratch.org and implemented RR-DNS. You'll have to figure
> out for yourselves how you're going to handle this (eg. new master as
> ftp.lfs.org?). You'll need to contact server-admin at lfs.org (or Jeremy
> U.?) for that kind of stuff.

I checked my old ftp script for Roel's server, and his was setup as
gaosu.rave.org.  I never accessed it from ftp.linuxfromscratch.org or
any other name.  We could setup such a rr-dns, but I think it was only
talked about before.  I could be wrong though.

--
Justin R. Knierim
lfs at jrknierim dot de