Wanted: FTP mirror administrator

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 22 15:43:03 PDT 2004

Scott Kveton said the following on 23-07-2004 00:21:
>>>If you'd like we can create an 'lfs' user on our dedicated mirror and
>>>let Tim take care of it.  Just a thought.
>>
>>I think we do need to prevent heavy reliance on one person, in case of
>>sudden leaves. This would certainly help. Can we also allow both Tim and
>>Justin to maintain it? (perhaps via a shared account?) That would
>>combine all advantages. Thanks,
>

> Absolutely.  I can create the 'lfs' user and create a temporary passwd
> accordingly ... just say the word (or have whoever is going to do it
> contact me).
>
> Scott :-)

We haven't heard from Tim yet, but assuming he's OK with this, I'd say
that we should go with the above. Justin, Tim, please work out the
necessary arrangements with Scott. When you guys are done, mail the
updates to http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/becomemirror.html to this
list so we can pick them up.

Thanks in advance for everything,

--