so long and thanks for the fish

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 19 02:22:21 PDT 2004

Zeplin said the following on 18-07-2004 14:28:

> Probably has a lot to do with the new requirements for running a mirror,
> now the introduction of the wiki is going to be happening.
>
> Sounds to me like a like of software is needed, basicly putting the
> security of the mirror into LFS's and Twiki hands.

If anyone has problems with the new requirements, then please speak up.
We've mailed an extensive proposal an CC'ed everyone whose even remotely
affected or involved.

Also, we've gone through great lengths (and continue to do so) to make
the transition as easy, transparent and secure as possible. I've heard
no negative comments yet (don't tell me I should get comments on IRC! :-)).

Also, there are no additional server requirements for TWiki, only a
*configuration* requirement, which we're going to put in .htaccess as
much as possible.

So, your comment seems a bit out of place, and very uninformed (and,
thankfully, not the reason Roel wants to leave).

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans