Importing TWiki installation.

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Fri Jul 16 12:06:27 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 13:10 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Well you can obviously see I'm learning by trial and error. :)
> Jeroen, I ran into a bit of trouble importing into the branch you made,
> test.lfs.org, so I made a new branch, not realizing that I was dumping
> more info in than I needed.  If it is usable for our needs, great,
> otherwise we can delete the whole branch.  I'll be testing out post-
> commit actions to a temp directory shortly.

A few notes on updating the site via post-commit:
It seems the easiest way to do it is checkout the branch into the web
directory, nicely updating only the files that have changed.  So the web
directory needs to be a svn working directory with a .svn folder.
The user running Apache("httpd"?) is the one that calls the hook script
post-commit, so all files checked out (in theory) will be owned by that
user and group, as will the .svn directory.
(BTW, I'm only finding info on repository-level hook scripts. Does
anyone know if similar scripts can be made/used for branches?)
So it seems the easiest way to
turn /home/httpd/test.linuxfromscratch.org into an svn working directory
is to copy an existing .svn directory there and "chown -R httpd:
httpd .svn"
Once that is done we can add a line to post-commit that checks out the
branch.

Unless someone knows of a better way?

If we setup the site as stated above, someone with appropriate
permissions needs to set that up. :)

Comments?

--
Jeremy Huntwork