Repository organisation

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 07:12:58 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 12:48 +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Jeroen Coumans said the following on 15-07-2004 12:24:

> >> Looks good to me.
> >

> > I've added the twiki directory and populated its trunk with the latest
> > release (18/05/2004). I've also branched it in branches/test.lfs.org;
> > this way we can merge TWiki updates into our branch. Perhaps I was a bit
> > hasty though, because I just noticed the actual directory structure on
> > the site is different. Any suggestions on how to bring in the site's
> > test.lfs.org directory structure?
>
> Ok, new plan:
> branches/test.lfs.org will be reworked to match the actual test site.
> This means moving and adding files, and updating configuration files.
> I've just read http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.1_releasenotes.html
> and in 1.1, we can "svn merge" files which are moved to a different
> location! I assume belgarath is updated to 1.1 once it's officially
> released, so that would solve any issues with the above scheme.
>
> Also, I'm thinking we should break up the update-website.sh into
> post-commit files. This makes it more modular and therefore also
> (hopefully) more maintainable. Comments & other suggestions appreciated.

Okay, I have to admit.  I'm a bit confused.  Our current repository,
'www', looks like this.
	/branches
	/tags
	/trunk
	/twiki

Are you suggesting that under 'www' we have the structure located at
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebsiteSvnRepository ?

I'm sure I need to understand this better, but the suggestions made in
the documentation of Subversion seem to indicate a structure like this:

	/trunk
		/html
		/twiki
		/templates
	/branches
	/tags

If I'm totally off here, perhaps someone can point me in the direction
of some good documentation?

Also, in the matter of twiki, when a webpage gets edited on the site,
would we also have to then automate a subversion update?

In reference to
http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/website/2004-
July/003424.html
I have some adjustments I'd like to make to the TWiki.pm file which will
enable the mirrors to automatically configure themselves, but I want to
wait to commit until I understand what's going on. :)

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net