Repository organisation

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 03:48:09 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans said the following on 15-07-2004 12:24:
> Jeremy Huntwork said the following on 14-07-2004 19:32:
>

>>> /html/{trunk,branches,tags} (current site)
>>> /twiki/{trunk,branches,tags}
>>> /templates/
>>>           /mailman/
>>>           /bugzilla/
>>>           /counter/
>>>           /twiki/ ??
>>>           /html/ ??
>>

>> Looks good to me.
>

> I've added the twiki directory and populated its trunk with the latest
> release (18/05/2004). I've also branched it in branches/test.lfs.org;
> this way we can merge TWiki updates into our branch. Perhaps I was a bit
> hasty though, because I just noticed the actual directory structure on
> the site is different. Any suggestions on how to bring in the site's
> test.lfs.org directory structure?

Ok, new plan:
branches/test.lfs.org will be reworked to match the actual test site.
This means moving and adding files, and updating configuration files.
I've just read http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.1_releasenotes.html
and in 1.1, we can "svn merge" files which are moved to a different
location! I assume belgarath is updated to 1.1 once it's officially
released, so that would solve any issues with the above scheme.

Also, I'm thinking we should break up the update-website.sh into
post-commit files. This makes it more modular and therefore also
(hopefully) more maintainable. Comments & other suggestions appreciated.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans