Twiki: mod_perl ?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 03:04:56 PDT 2004

Anderson Lizardo said the following on 15-07-2004 03:32:

> Yep, I will take a look into it. I was also planning on enabling caching for
> TWiki (http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/CacheAddOn). Can you guys take a
> look at the disadvantages listed there, and see if it is reasonable for our
> site? Personally, I think the performance gains are worthwhile.
>
> If you agree with the caching, I'll make all this a unique "performance
> tuning" task for TWiki :)

OK great. I suspect that our current performance is less then optimal.
Take care that all changes will also automatically work on mirrors (eg.
lfs.jenacon.net). I also suspect that we'll get an additional delay for
each mirror when a user saves a page. We'll have to make sure that the
rsync pushes are parallel instead of serial, although we only should
return to the page once all mirrors have rsynced.

> PS.: depending on what needs to be changed on httpd.conf, it can be done
> on .htaccess. The TWiki installation guide required some changes to
> httpd.conf but I've managed to adapt them to .htaccess directives. I've done
> so to avoid possibly breaking something for other VHOSTs on belgarath, but of
> course we can make changes to httpd.conf, as soon as we can confirm they will
> only affect {test,www}.linuxfromscratch.org.

It would be great if we could minimize server configuration! That would
also greatly benefit the mirror proces. Perhaps you could also look at
the clean URL todo if you have the time?

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans