New mirror instructions

Adam Sampson azz at us-lot.org
Thu Jul 15 02:45:23 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans <jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org> writes:

> He's also written up detailed instructions at
><http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebsiteMirrors>.
> Please read them and tell us if you find our solution acceptable, or
> if you have a better solution.

>From the UK Mirror Service (mirror.ac.uk) perspective...

Option 1 would work fine for us, provided you're willing to be
moderately flexible about rsync module names and paths -- the rsync
module our push mirroring system provides at the moment will be named
something like "linuxfromscratch", and it'll point at the root of your
mirror, not the data directory.

If this is a really serious problem, we could work around it (the
configuration for our modified rsyncd is autogenerated), but I'd guess
we're probably not the only mirror site serving multiple mirrors off
the same machines.

--
Adam Sampson                                         <http://offog.org/>
The UK Mirror Service                         <http://www.mirror.ac.uk/>