TWiki Mirror [was: Oregon mirror is not up to date]

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 15 01:28:09 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork said the following on 15-07-2004 04:44:

> I've edited the page
> http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebsiteMirrors
> to include instructions for rsync+ssh.

Thanks, it seems like a solid base to show the mirrors.

> One question I have, though, is what will we be regualarly synching?
> After a site is synched initially, we should only need to sync the
> twiki/data directory.  But the first sync should be the entire site so
> that the twiki installation goes with it. What's more, if we do that,
> we'll need a way to configure TWiki.cfg to match directory settings at
> the mirror and/or RCS version.  Maybe there's a way around this...

I think the easiest setup would be to let the complete test.lfs.org
rsync. That way, if we change the stylesheet or anything else, it will
automatically propagate to the mirrors. And since rsync only copies the
changes, this shouldn't cause any additional delay. We just have to
exclude the file which contains the passwords.
For the mirrors, this basically means setting up a vhost directive for
that directory according to our instructions; they'd only have to change
the location of that directory. As for the TWiki.cfg; isn't there a way
to make it find out its own directory? A perl function which returns the
CWD or something we can use?

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans