TWiki Mirror [was: Oregon mirror is not up to date]

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 14 19:44:37 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 18:41 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 00:21 +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> > I'll make some quick changes on the above wiki page; perhaps you can
> > include some instructions for the rsync+ssh setup? After that, we can
> > submit it for considaration for the mirror admins.
>
> No problem.  Note that if we end up having mixed methods of syncing,
> (some mirrors rsync+ssh, some as daemons) we would have to know which
> method each mirror uses in order to properly push the changes.  I would
> prefer to have all mirrors use the same method, but we should be able to
> set up for both if that is what is decided.

I've edited the page
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebsiteMirrors
to include instructions for rsync+ssh.

One question I have, though, is what will we be regualarly synching?
After a site is synched initially, we should only need to sync the
twiki/data directory.  But the first sync should be the entire site so
that the twiki installation goes with it. What's more, if we do that,
we'll need a way to configure TWiki.cfg to match directory settings at
the mirror and/or RCS version.  Maybe there's a way around this...

Thoughts?

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net