Twiki: mod_perl ?

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 14 18:32:39 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 18:57, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/ModPerl and
> http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/ModPerlUnix detail the steps &
> pitfals in using mod_perl with TWiki. Apparantly, it can wield great
> performance improvements (up to 2-4x the number of requests). It
> apparantly requires changes to httpd.conf and to a .htaccess file.
> Unfortunately, I don't have write permissions to the first.
> Anderson; do you want to pick this up?

Yep, I will take a look into it. I was also planning on enabling caching for
TWiki (http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/CacheAddOn). Can you guys take a
look at the disadvantages listed there, and see if it is reasonable for our
site? Personally, I think the performance gains are worthwhile.

If you agree with the caching, I'll make all this a unique "performance
tuning" task for TWiki :)

PS.: depending on what needs to be changed on httpd.conf, it can be done
on .htaccess. The TWiki installation guide required some changes to
httpd.conf but I've managed to adapt them to .htaccess directives. I've done
so to avoid possibly breaking something for other VHOSTs on belgarath, but of
course we can make changes to httpd.conf, as soon as we can confirm they will
only affect {test,www}.linuxfromscratch.org.
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org