TWiki Mirror [was: Oregon mirror is not up to date]

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 14 16:25:57 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork said the following on 15-07-2004 00:41:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 00:21 +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>I'll make some quick changes on the above wiki page; perhaps you can
>>include some instructions for the rsync+ssh setup? After that, we can
>>submit it for considaration for the mirror admins.
>

> No problem.  Note that if we end up having mixed methods of syncing,
> (some mirrors rsync+ssh, some as daemons) we would have to know which
> method each mirror uses in order to properly push the changes.  I would
> prefer to have all mirrors use the same method, but we should be able to
> set up for both if that is what is decided.

I think we should anticipate that there will be mirrors who want the
rsync+ssh option (I think especially the larger ones who have some form
of corporation behind them).

As for knowing which mirror uses what synchronization; I've created
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebsiteMirrorList
from the current list and we can add that information to this page.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans