TWiki Mirror [was: Oregon mirror is not up to date]

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 14 10:16:47 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork said the following on 13-07-2004 17:01:

> http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebsiteMirrors

How secure is the rsync setup for the mirrors? How does it establish
belgeraths' identity? Is it secure enough to protect against malignant
people who try to hack the mirrors? I think we need to at least offer
mirrors the possibility of rsync+ssh. But perhaps even this is too much
for some mirrors.

A third option would be Anderson's original suggestion, which is to
export static XHTML pages from TWiki and distribute these among the
mirrors. This wouldn't solve the problem of "pushing" our changes
immediately, but we could make a distinction between primary & secondary
mirrors, just as Debian, where a primary mirror is always up-to-date,
while a secondary mirror synchronizes on regular intervals (same as now).

Thoughts?

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans