Repository organisation

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 13 15:22:32 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> /html/trunk
>      /branches
>      /tags

Let me warn you ahead of time: when you do this, you'll have to manually
move stuff in /branches and /tags around...

For example, when cvs2svn converted the LFS-5_1-branch for the LFS
profile, the resulting structure looked like this:

ALFS
   +---branches
          +---LFS-5_1-branch
                   +---profiles
                           +---LFS

In other words, each branch/tag starts from the _root_ of the old CVS
tree, rather than the directory was actually branched. In my case, that
meant building a little script to "svn mv" everything from
/ALFS/branches/LFS-5_1-branch/profiles/LFS to /ALFS/branches/LFS-5_1-branch.