Bugzilla maintenance

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 13 12:21:55 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:48:54 -0500
> James Robertson <jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
>>I changed and removed the CVS version to SVN for all bugs for all
>>products except LFS.
>
> James, would you mind adding a 'testing' version to the LFS product too,
> so we can track bugs that are reported against that branch?  By and
> large such bugs will affect SVN too, but when fixed in 'testing' they
> can be merged upstream.  Admittedly, when we start using the 3-tier
> setup properly I'd imagine we should be doing the reverse (fixing on
> trunk and then backporting to the testing branch).

Sure, before I do so, let me make sure I am on the same page as you.

Stable releases get a number (e.g. 5.1.1)
Testing (BRANCH) never gets a number and is "known" in BZ as TESTING
Unstable (TRUNK) never gets a number and is "known" in BZ as SVN

We then "track" bugs for all three tiers this way. Bugs in TESTING can
be closed and patches uploaded to TESTING and SVN for the commit.  if a
bug is for a named STABLE version number, we can then upload the patch
to all three if necessary.

Is that right, or did I get my directions reversed?  Still learning this
whole 3-tier deal.

James