Bugzilla maintenance

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 13 09:48:54 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
>> I think we need to come up with a more formally defined method of
>> managing Bugzilla version number maintenance, and make sure that every
>> person responsible for releases of an LFS product follows that method :-)
>>
>> I just went to report a bug against lfs-bootscripts, and found that
>> none of the recent releases are listed in Bugzilla as available
>> versions... In addition, the Bugzilla "CVS" version tags should
>> probably be changed to "SVN" if that's possible.
>>
>> Is it possible for LFS product releasers to add the new version
>> numbers directly, or do the permissions for that include too much
>> other stuff they shouldn't have?
>

>  From what I can tell, you have to turn on a whole slew of stuff to be
> able to do that.  You essentially give everyone full rights to manage
> products.  This is my fault.  I need to do a better job of keeping up
> with versions.  It is a simple three step process.
>
> Sorry
> James

OK, replying to myself.  I quickly updated ALFS Profiles, ALFS, HLFS and
LFS in bugs.  I will get to BLFS later.  I changed and removed the CVS
version to SVN for all bugs for all products except LFS.  I will go back
and do that later - 571 of them!.  I also may not - but I don't want CVS
to be an option and I can't do that.

James