TWiki Mirror [was: Oregon mirror is not up to date]

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 12 11:20:17 PDT 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 04:19 am, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> The above means we have the
> following options for our mirrors:
> - mirrors setup an ssh account we can use to push our rsync changes
> - mirrors can run an rsync daemon we can use to push our changes
>
> Can you write some more detailed setup-instructions which includes
> all dependencies? We can propose them to the rest of the community
> and especially the mirror admins.

Sure thing.  Question though - do we even want to propose the ssh
option?  I was only suggesting it earlier because I didn't know of
another way.  The rsync daemon is *much* simpler to setup (on
mirror-side and server-side), has far fewer possibilities of failure,
and does not need to follow the same configuration for every server.
The only real pro seems to be security related, but even there, rsync
is covered to a certain degree with the hosts allow option.  I'm
perfectly happy with the rsync daemon :)

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net