TWiki Mirror [was: Oregon mirror is not up to date]

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 12 01:19:22 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork said the following on 12-07-2004 06:52:

> Yup. That was it, it's good.  Mirrors need to be running rsync as a
> daemon.  They should have this module set up in /etc/rsyncd.conf
<snip>
> Temporarily I've added a line in twiki/bin/save that calls a script in
> my home folder to rsync to jenacon.net.  That script can be made to
> loop through all the servers and placed in a more permanent spot later.

Very cool! At least as a proof of concept, I think this is enough to
justify our choice to go with TWiki. The above means we have the
following options for our mirrors:
- mirrors setup an ssh account we can use to push our rsync changes
- mirrors can run an rsync daemon we can use to push our changes

Can you write some more detailed setup-instructions which includes all
dependencies? We can propose them to the rest of the community and
especially the mirror admins.

Jeremy U. - can you subscribe JH to the lfs-admin list?

> Oof! (wiping sweat from brow)

Good work!

--
Groeten/Greetings,