Website migration to Subversion

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sun Jul 11 19:48:40 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 14:14, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo said the following on 11-07-2004 01:49:
> > Hi Jeroen and Jeremy H.,
> >
> > As I've said at
> > http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/website/2004-July/003299.html,
> > It'd be a good time to do website conversion to Subversion this weekend. I've
> > already talked with Jeremy U. and he's available to do the conversion either
> > tonight (Saturday) or tomorrow night (Sunday).
> >
> > Jeremy, Jeroen, do you agree with this schedule?
>
> Please go ahead! :-) (hope you weren't waiting for my approval since I'm
> returning kinda late this weekend)
>
> --
> Groeten/Greetings,
> Jeroen Coumans
> {faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org
> www.jeroencoumans.nl

Yeah, we were, but that's ok!

Website CVS migration will commense at around 11:30pm PST (approx 4
hours from the sending of this message).  The process I'll use will be
the same as I used for ALFS.

1) Will post to website that the migration is starting
2) CVS archive will be set read-only
3) cvs2svn will be used to convert the archive into subversion dump
format
4) Import dump into new svn repository and set permissions
5) Test
6) Post that coversion is complete

As always, while the coversion takes place, I'll be available on IRC.

-J-