TWiki Mirror [was: Oregon mirror is not up to date]

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 11 14:40:31 PDT 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 05:32 pm, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork said the following on 11-07-2004 19:41:
> > Hmmm.  Trying to set up a way to automate changes for the TWiki
> > mirrors. I'm currently looking at adding a line in save in
> > twiki/bin to call a script that rsyncs via ssh.  The problem I'm
> > running into is that the
>
> Does any sensitive data get transferred, such as user
> accounts/passwords? If not, I wouldn't trouble myself with rsync+ssh.
> It significantly raises the requirements for mirrors too.

No data gets passed, just public keys (belgarath would keep the private
half of the key) -- basically the mirrors would be opening up a secure
way for our scripts to login with the same info for each mirror and
push a sync.  Belgarath is authenticated based on the fact that it owns
the other half to the key which noone but the one who owns it can see.
No passwords involved.

As far as complication goes, it's true it does raise the bar, but
really, I think the complication stems from trying to build a
user-editable system with international mirrors. :)

But, I'm open to other ideas...
--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net