Portuguese (pt_PT) translation of the 5.1.1 version

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 11 13:32:29 PDT 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 10:28, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:20:50 +0100
>
> Flavio Cruz <flavio at sapo.pt> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm actualy translating the LFS book (5.1.1) to the
> > portuguese/PORTUGAL language (not brazilian/BRASIL).
> >
> > The site is located at http://lfs.shacknet.nu:81
>
> Thanks Flavio, but you might want to get in contact with Anderson
> Lizardo as he's currently listed (under the Acknowledgements section) as
> a Portuguese translator.  At least then you're worthy efforts won't be
> duplicated :)

No problem, he already contacted me. I'm actually responsible for the
translation for Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR). He will be doing the Portuguese
(pt_PT) translation. Sorry for the confusion, I have not expected to find a
Portuguese translation of LFS, so I've decided to use the short term
"Portuguese". :)

BTW, Jeroen and Jeremy, we will need to change all occurrences of "Portuguese"
on the website to either "Br. Portuguese" or "Brazilian Portuguese" and
"Português" to "Português do Brasil" (as per TLDP). The same applies to the
books.

Thanks,
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org