BLFS FAQ

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 9 19:53:56 PDT 2004

Some odds and ends that could use repair on:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html

1)  http://pogostick.net/~peram/lfs/

This link has nothing any more. Perhaps it should be removed
or updated.

2) Although the server is only guarenteed to be running when games

s/guarenteed/guaranteed/

3) There's a Team LFS for the joint effort of LFS

The "Team LFS" link needs to be updated. Here's a current link:
http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=Team+LFS

4) LFS boxes are tailored and customized to perfectly fit their computer.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. Perhaps 'LFS
installations' or 'LFS configurations'?

5) why not join Team LFS?

Ditto #3. Here's a current link:
http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=61060

6) drill down to the latest version , and use the

The space before the comma could be removed.

7) To find a list of such versions go to http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/,
drill down to the latest version , and use the versions there.

Following these instructions, the unstable branch of GNOME would
be built. Perhaps a mention to drill down to the version listed in the BLFS
book.

8) by following the Printing From Scratch hint.

I cannot find any such hint. Does it still exist?

--
Randy