Wrong Branch in view/unstable

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 9 17:21:23 PDT 2004

On Thursday 08 July 2004 15:19, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Probably? You're too kind!  Sorry for the disruption.  Anderson, would
> you mind dealing with this?  I thought I had been fairly careful to not
> touch any of the stuff unrelated to the testing branch.  Obviously not
> careful enough :(  As such I haven't the foggiest what's causing this.

There's a cron job run by gerard which renders the book periodically, so your
previous changes were overwritten by it.

You haven't read my message about "version string clashing" haven't you? ;-)

See
http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/website/2004-July/003310.html

Basically, all rendered branches need to have different version string (i.e.
&version; ENTITY) formats, otherwise books with the same version string will
be rendered to the same dir under lfs/view (like what's happening now). This
also seems logical from the reader POV, because the downloadable book
tarballs will also have the same name convention for both testing and
unstable and s/he would not distinguish both by just reading the version on
book's front page.

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org