TWiki Mirror [was: Oregon mirror is not up to date]

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 9 11:31:50 PDT 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 12:53 pm, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> I'm not familiar with rdist, but maybe rsync is better since it's
> what is currently in use too (unless rdist has strong features or
> advantages over rsync). Rdist also doesn't seem to be maintained
> anymore.

I, in turn, know very little about rsync.  Can it be called from the
server side to push files to remote clients?  Or if not, can belgarath
somehow force mirrors to run rsync?  I mentioned rdist only because of
the current config, that the mirrors run rsync on their end at
intervals, and was unsure if the synchronization direction could be
swapped using rsync.  Also, rdist is what one user suggested on
twiki.org.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net