LFS testing branch

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 16:49:18 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 18:29, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The testing branch is now at
> svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/LFS/branches/testing/.  I ran
> render-lfs-book.sh just now (manually) but it's not replaced what's at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/.  It would appear to
> have created a recursive symlink to the SVN* directory.

Fixed. The problem occurred because render-lfs-book.sh expected its
branch_alias argument to be a symlink, not a directory. I've changed it to
remove its destination unconditionally.

BTW, you might want to change the version entity format on the testing branch
to another one different from HEAD (SVN-YYYYMMDD), eg. "6.0-YYYYMMDD".
Otherwise, "name clashes" might happen on the {view,downloads} dirs as
render-lfs-book.sh use the value of this entity to create the destination
directories. It's also convenient for the reader, otherwise he/she will not
distinguish between an "unstable" book and a "testing" book.

Thanks for the report,
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org