Oregon mirror is not up to date

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 16:16:59 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> We're moving to round-robin DNS. This basically means that there will be
> a rotating pool of up-to-date mirrors to which a user is dynamically
> redirected. Mirrors will be automatically synchronized, or if not
> possible, automatically removed from the pool. At least, that's the
> theory.

That's what concerns me about round-robin DNS too... we have frequent
reports of mirrors not being up to date, and with round-robin DNS every
single page hit might go to one of those mirrors. I hope that the mirror
admin team is going to be pretty tightly controlling the mirroring
process when this change happens (but it sounds like you're already on
top of that :-)).