Oregon mirror is not up to date

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 16:07:26 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 06:48 pm, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Kevin P. Fleming said the following on 08-07-2004 00:12:
> > Subject says it all... I wonder how this going to work when we
> > change to a CMS/wiki/etc. for the site and the changes are
> > happening much more frequently.
>
> We're moving to round-robin DNS. This basically means that there will
> be a rotating pool of up-to-date mirrors to which a user is
> dynamically redirected. Mirrors will be automatically synchronized,
> or if not possible, automatically removed from the pool. At least,
> that's the theory. So far, RR-DNS is used for IRC and is intended for
> FTP. For the website, we must at least write synchronization scripts,
> and adjust TWiki to use https for editing (this also secures
> authentication & editing), and redirect this to belgerath only
> (probably easiest solution).

Does this mean that a method of mirroring has been decided upon for
TWiki?  (I had in mind to look in depth at the links posted under
Mirroring in the WebsiteFeaturesTodo)

> The only bad thing ATM is that we are nowhere near ready for
> deployment of the TWiki. We're not feature-complete yet nor are we
> ready for wider feedback. So we'll just have to be patient :-)

Which items in WebsiteFeatureTodo have the highest priority?  I want to
tackle one or two but still feel like I'm not quite up to speed on all
that's going on...

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net