Oregon mirror is not up to date

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 15:48:40 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming said the following on 08-07-2004 00:12:
> Subject says it all... I wonder how this going to work when we change to
> a CMS/wiki/etc. for the site and the changes are happening much more
> frequently.

We're moving to round-robin DNS. This basically means that there will be
a rotating pool of up-to-date mirrors to which a user is dynamically
redirected. Mirrors will be automatically synchronized, or if not
possible, automatically removed from the pool. At least, that's the
theory. So far, RR-DNS is used for IRC and is intended for FTP. For the
website, we must at least write synchronization scripts, and adjust
TWiki to use https for editing (this also secures authentication &
editing), and redirect this to belgerath only (probably easiest solution).

The only bad thing ATM is that we are nowhere near ready for deployment
of the TWiki. We're not feature-complete yet nor are we ready for wider
feedback. So we'll just have to be patient :-)

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans