Roadmap update

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 28 16:06:11 PST 2004

New roadmap. Some bugs were fixed that are on the roadmap, I moved some
to "5.2" instead that I don't think we have time for anymore.

New roadmap below. The only outstanding issue is bug #714. It was fixed,
but was reopened a few days ago, but we have to figure still if it's a
real issue or an isolated problem with that one particular machine.

Website team: please update lfs/roadmap.html with the data below.

---

LFS-5.1 - Estimated release date: February 2004

Main issues to resolve for this release:
* Have user "lfs" have a clean environment during Chapter 5  (#714)
* Close all the current and upcoming oustanding minor bugs.

LFS-5.2 - Estimated release date: May 2004

* Finish the XML overhaul
* Complete overhaul of the LFS Bootscripts (#325)
* Re-evaluate the order in which packages are installed and provide the
rationale behind the chosen order (#684)
* Make LFS fully FHS compliant (#460)

Any current and future minor bugs that are not resolved by around Mid
February will be targeted for inclusion in the 5.2 release.

LFS-6.0 - Estimated release date: Unknown

Items that will warrant a major version increase:
* NPTL inclusion
* Kernel 2.6 inclusion
* Major GCC update
* Major Glibc update

When one or more of the above occurs we will start planning a release
date for LFS-6.0.

--
Gerard Beekmans