Change relative to absolute links?

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 27 19:15:16 PST 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 21:00, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Are there objections if I change all relative links to absolute links?
> Links like <a href="../../../lfs/news.html"> would become <a
> href="/lfs/news.html">.
> Advantages:
> - Much simpler.
> - Less error-prone.
> - Small effort.

No problem for me. You should only make sure, after the changes, that it does
not break anything e.g. the news archives. I'm not sure if manage_news.pl
will convert properly the absolute links, as I don't thouch it for some time
(probably there will be no problem, as the archive templates already have
absolute URLs).

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org