Evaluating CMSes (Continuation)

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at JeroenCoumans.nl
Mon Jan 12 09:23:59 PST 2004

Hi Anderson Lizardo. You said the following on 01/12/04 17:57:

> Why should we migrate to another template system, even after many years? TAL
> is perfect! :). I think you meant migrate to another CMS. But this will
> almost certainly not be a problem, because there are TAL processors for, at
> least, Perl, PHP, Java and Python (see
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/FrontPage).

I figured as much, just needed some confirmation. As I said, the
decision for a CMS is for the immediate and distant future. So we should
definitely be aware of migration paths. Well, the "open source" aspect
takes care of this need :)

> But, anyway, you decide if we stay with TAL as template language or not, as
> are you who will work with the templates directly. Just say the words that I
> start integration of TAL with Drupal. But I've decided: I will use TAL as my
> personal template language :)

I trust on your decision; TAL it is then :)

> See this Linux Journal article
> (http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5950, "At the Forge: Zope Page
> Templates"), with a nice introduction to ZPT. After reading this, you will
> have the necessary knowledge to write and understand bacic ZPT files.

Thanks for the clarification! I'll look into some more resources.
Perhaps I'll even setup Zope on my workstation too, to get a hang of it.

> I hope I'm not going too off-topic here ;)

Of course not, everything is still related to the website.

Just to get it clear: we are now going to test Plone and Drupal, right?

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans