Zope/Plone - Oh no, again... (was: Which CMS to use?)

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 11 09:41:26 PST 2004

Hi,

As per thread "Which CMS to use?", we are planning to start tests with Plone
to see if it can be our next CMS. After an unsuccessful attempt to use
WordPress (it simply does not fulfill our requirements), we found that Plone
would be perfect for us: it's powerful and user-friendly (see other features
on previous thread).

Although it has some mirroring problems (it's somewhat complex to mirror a
page served by Zope), there is at least a way to circumvent this. So, almost
certainly, we could use Plone as our CMS.

BUT (it always has a "but"), I just noticed we are again making things complex
to someone aside us (who are implementing the CMS) fix a problem or keep the
system running (although Zope's configuration interface is intuitive and full
of "Help!" links, It needs some time to understand what needs to be done to
achieve the desired effect). One of our main reasons to change our CMS was
just to avoid this issue.

So, I ask you guys: Is It worth use a powerful system that could be complex to
someone else maintain on our absence?

I apreciate your opinions.
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org