Which CMS to use?

Paul Jewell paul at teulu.net
Sat Jan 10 11:16:15 PST 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

>1. Plone - still have chances to be used :)
>2. eZ Publish - not friendly - REJECTED
>3. Midgard - to test, LAMP based
>4. Mambo OS - to test, LAMP based

Although I have limited experience of Plone, the CSS they use on their
site  for the new version (2?) doesn't work properly with Internet
Explorer v5/v6. While this shouldn't be a problem for most people using
LFS, it might be something you want to consider.  If people view the web
site and find that they can't view it properly, they may draw
conclusions about the whole project. That would be sad!

A couple of others you may wish to consider, from the links in my
Mozilla bookmarks when I looked at this some time back:

1. Drupal - http://www.drupal.org - LAMP, and appears to follow
standards. Open Source of course
2. phpBB - http://www.phpbb.com. I did set this up on my local server
before the last reincarnation of my Linux system. Seems good - LAMP, and
Open Source.
3. phpWebSite -   http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/  - comments as 1.

Rgds.,
Paul