Which CMS to use?

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 9 17:33:17 PST 2004

On Friday 09 January 2004 17:31, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> alternatives. Don't worry, since I started testing Plone, I had other CMS in
> mind ;). Its name is "eZ publish" (http://ez.no/products/ez_publish_3). It's
> uses the traditional PHP/MySQL/Apache framework, so we can already exclude
> the mirroring issue (although I will already search a third option in case
we
> find this CMS is not suitable for us).

Brief conclusion: I don't recommend it. Its administration interface is
confuse, the templating system is hard to learn. I'll not even make the
comparison with our requirement list.

You can see by yourself at http://demo.ezpublish.no/news_admin (login: admin,
password: publish).

The next alternative seems much better: Midgard CMS
(http://www.midgard-project.org/cms/). Looking at the screenshots, it seems
very user-friendly. And, good news, it's LAMP-based.

From now on, I will only focus on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) based
CMSes, because they have more chance to satisfy our requirements, specially
#1 (easy mirrorable).

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org